Rob Reiner’s masseuse stumbled on grisly murder scene hours after he and son Nick had huge argument at Conan O’Brien’s holiday party
Rob Reiner had booked a massage on the day he and his wife died but did not answer the door, prompting the couple’s daughter to go into their home, where she discovered that they had been knifed to death, sources have told the Daily Mail.
The couple’s son, Nick, reportedly had an explosive row with his parents at Conan O’Brien’s holiday party hours before, and the 32-year-old has now been arrested and booked for felony murder.
A source has told the Daily Mail that the masseuse came to Reiner’s $13.5 million home at 2pm Sunday to help him and his wife de-stress. She rang the bell, knocked a number of times, and left when no one answered.
This prompted the couple’s 28-year-old daughter Romy, who lives across the road, to go over to her parents’ home, where she made the horrifying discovery that they had been slain.
Reiner, Michele and Nick attended Conan O’Brien’s holiday party together on Saturday night, where they got into a ‘very loud argument’ which other guests could hear, TMZ reported.
Reiner and Michele left the party, which was attended by some of Hollywood’s biggest stars, shortly after, sources told the outlet. It is not known if Nick went home with his parents.
Then on Sunday, the couple allegedly had their throats slit after a heated argument with a relative, understood to be Nick, turned deadly at their Los Angeles mansion.
Romy, the Reiners’ youngest child, is believed to have told police that a family member ‘should be a suspect’ because they are ‘dangerous’.

+12
View gallery
Reiner and his son Nick attend the premiere of Being Charlie in New York in 2016. Nick worked on the film from rehab and collaborated with his director father on the project

+12
View gallery
Rob Reiner and his wife Michele (left) are pictured (L-R) with their daughter Romy, son Nick, daughter-in-law Maria Gilfillan and son Jake Reiner in September 2025, their last public appearance as a family

+12
View gallery
Reiner and his wife Michele were found dead at their $13.5million six-bed Brentwood home (pictured)
Detectives have been questioning Nick, who was arrested Sunday night before being booked for felony murder Monday morning. LA Sheriff’s records earlier showed he was being held on $4 million bail, but this has since been rescinded and he is now being held without bail.
In the months leading up to her death, Michele is said to have been anguished over her son’s spiraling mental illness and drug issues, reportedly telling friends ‘we’ve tried everything’, according to TMZ.
Nick has previously spoken about his struggles with drug addiction, which saw him first attend rehab around his 15th birthday and experience periods of homelessness.
In 2016, when he was 22, he said he had been to rehab 17 times, adding that he had been left homeless after refusing to get help on multiple occasions.
‘If I wanted to do it my way and not go to the programs they were suggesting, then I had to be homeless,’ he told People, seemingly referring to his family.
‘I was homeless in Maine. I was homeless in New Jersey. I was homeless in Texas. I spent nights on the street. I spent weeks on the street. It was not fun.’
The screenwriter co-wrote the semi-autobiographical movie Being Charlie about his struggles with drug addiction and the impact it can have on a family.
He worked on the film from rehab and collaborated with his director father on the project, which depicts the strained relationship between an actor father and his addict son. It tracks closely with the Reiner family’s own experience, they said at the time.
It ends with an apology from the father about the occasionally harsh way he treats his son, including enforced stints in rehab, something Reiner said he gave his son in real life.
In a 2016 interview with the BUILD series while promoting their film, Nick said that he ‘didn’t bond’ well with his father when he was younger, and that working on Being Charlie ‘made me feel closer to him’.
He said at the time of the film’s release that he hoped to stay off drugs so that he would never be homeless again: ‘When I was out there, I could’ve died. It’s all luck. You roll the dice and you hope you make it.’

+12
View gallery
A satellite view of the $13.5million mansion in Los Angeles, where the couple were slain

+12
View gallery
Emergency services were called just after 3.30pm; Reiner and Singer are seen in March in LA
‘When Nick would tell us that it wasn’t working for him, we wouldn’t listen. We were desperate and because the people had diplomas on their wall, we listened to them when we should have been listening to our son,’ Reiner said of his son, who the family said had achieved sobriety at the time.
Michele added: ‘We were so influenced by these people. They would tell us he’s a liar, that he was trying to manipulate us. And we believed them.’
Referring to his drug addiction, Nick added: ‘I got sick of it. I got sick of doing that shit. I come from a nice family. I’m not supposed to be out there on the streets and in homeless shelters doing all these f*****-up things.’
In September this year, Reiner and Michele posed for their final full family photo with Nick, Romy and their eldest son Jake and his wife Maria Gilfillan at the premiere for Spinal Tap 2, which he directed and wrote. Jake is a screenwriter and former news reporter in Houston, Texas.
The Los Angeles Fire Department (LAFD) confirmed it was called to the couple’s Brentwood home at about 3.30pm on Sunday and found a man, 78, and a woman, 70, dead in the property.
A family spokesman confirmed the death of the director and his wife, saying: ‘It is with profound sorrow that we announce the tragic passing of Michele and Rob Reiner,’ they said.
‘We are heartbroken by this sudden loss, and we ask for privacy during this unbelievably difficult time.’

+12
View gallery
Flowers are left beside the late director’s Hollywood Walk of Fame star today

+12
View gallery
A picture Romy shared on Instagram posing with her brother Nick
Earlier this month, Romy revealed she was thankful for ‘family and health’ and recently shared pictures of her swimming in the sea with her father.
Reiner also adopted another daughter, Tracy Reiner, with his first wife Penny Marshall.
Los Angeles Police Department detectives say the deaths are being investigated as homicides, and a heavy police presence was at the home on Sunday evening.
A neighbor told ABC7 that Larry David and Billy Crystal, who starred in Reiner’s rom-com classic When Harry Met Sally, visited the crime scene separately. Crystal allegedly ‘looked like he was about to cry’ before he left.
Reiner and his wife are understood to have lived in the home, and property records obtained by the Daily Mail indicate that they are the owners.
The Daily Mail has reached out to representatives for Reiner and the LAPD for comment.
In a press conference, LAPD Deputy Chief Alan Hamilton said a suspect in the murders had not yet been identified.
‘We’re going to try to speak to every family member that we can to get to the facts of this investigation,’ Hamilton continued.
He noted that the bodies were still in the home, as police were waiting on a warrant to reenter the home and begin their investigation after determining that there was no further threat.

+12
View gallery
Firefighters reportedly called police to the scene just minutes after they arrived; police are seen outside the home on Sunday night
He said there were no signs of forced entry into the residence.
Hamilton added that the home was in the exact same state that it had been after police first arrived to find the bodies.
The LAPD declined to identify the bodies, as that information would be officially announced by the LA County Coroner.
Los Angeles mayor Karen Bass said she was ‘heartbroken’ by the Reiners’ deaths, calling them ‘a devastating loss for our city and our country’.
‘Rob Reiner’s contributions reverberate throughout American culture and society, and he has improved countless lives through his creative work and advocacy fighting for social and economic justice,’ Bass said in a statement.
Reiner followed in the footsteps of his father, the comic actor and filmmaker Carl Reiner, who died in 2020 aged 98.
He became known as an actor, director and a tireless champion of liberal politics, with California Governor Gavin Newsom, Kamala Harris and Barack Obama among the Democrats to pay tribute to Reiner on Sunday night.
Reiner first emerged as an actor and is best known for his role as Michael ‘Meathead’ Stivic on All In The Family.
He won two Emmy Awards and was nominated for five Golden Globes during his stint on the series from 1971 to 1978.
Reiner helped reinvent his career in the 1980s with his forward-looking comedy This Is Spinal Tap, which would go on to inspire countless mockumentaries.
News
THERE WERE 2 NAMES SHE REFUSED TO SAY OUT LOUD…: Katie Price has opened up about the period Lee Andrews allegedly worked around “dangerous people” — and one late-night detail from that time is now getting attention👇
Katie Price’s husband worked with ‘dangerous people’ before disappearance The Dubai-based businessman has been missing for more than a week. Lee Andrews reportedly boasted about being an international arms dealer (Image: Instagram/Katie Price) Katie Price’s husband Lee Andrews reportedly “boasted” about…
7 STEPS FROM THE CORNER… THEN SHE WAS GONE: 56-year-old Donike Gocaj was walking to work before disappearing into a NYC manhole — and people are now focusing on one chilling detail: the orange safety cone reportedly sitting near the area that morning 👀👇
Woman Who Died After Falling In Uncovered NYC Manhole Identified As 56-Year-Old Grandma A witness who saw Donike Gocaj fall into the hole told WABC-TV she kept screaming, “I’m dying” over and over. Officials in New York City have announced…
SHE WAS JUST GOING TO WORK: Donike Gocaj, 56, was reportedly walking to her cleaning job when she suddenly disappeared into a New York City sewer
SHE WAS JUST GOING TO WORK Donike Gocaj, 56, was reportedly walking to her cleaning job when she suddenly disappeared into a New York City sewer. But what was found on her phone was what really shocked everyone… 👇 Beloved…
47 MINUTES UNDERWATER… Elite technical divers have returned to the Maldives cave system in the mission linked to the deaths of 5 Italian tourists
47 MINUTES UNDERWATER… Elite technical divers have returned to the Maldives cave system in the mission linked to the deaths of 5 Italian tourists — and attention is now shifting to one narrow section of the route crews reportedly spent…
“I SWEAR I’LL HELP BRING THEM BACK…” — A video is spreading online showing the final known moments of a rescue diver who later died during recovery efforts in the Maldives. The experienced diver had joined the mission to retrieve victims from an underwater cave area and was seen calm just before entering the water for the last time. Loved ones now say the footage feels like an unexpected goodbye. Watch below👇
In the crystal-clear turquoise waters of the Maldives, where paradise often masks peril, a rescue mission turned into a double tragedy that has gripped the world. Staff Sergeant Mohamed Mahdhee (also spelled Mahudhee or Mahdi in reports), a dedicated member…
2 SERGEANTS. 1 FAMILY. 1 NIGHT THAT CHANGED EVERYTHING… Ashley Munoz never made it back after the Highway 101 tr@g3dy… and now, what teammates are saying about their final meal together is leaving many emotional
Two sergeants. One family. One ordinary night that turned into a tragedy no one in Greenville can forget. The head-on collision on Highway 101 shortly after 12:45 a.m. on May 15, 2026, claimed five lives and left Sergeant Diana Munoz…
End of content
No more pages to load