Nick Reiner placed on suicide watch after his arrest on suspicion of murder of parents Rob and Michele Reiner
Nick Reiner, who is accused of murdering his parents Rob and Michele Reiner, has been placed under suicide watch at the Los Angeles jail facility he’s being kept in after he was taken into custody on Monday.
Nick, 32, was arrested in connection with suspicion of murder and has no bail in connection with Sunday’s killing of the couple, officials said Monday.
Nick ‘is under supervision of the jail mental evaluation team’ at the Twin Towers Correctional Facility, a law enforcement insider confirmed to Daily Mail Monday.
Nick was being housed as of Monday evening in the area for inmates who have ‘suicidal ideation,’ the insider said.
Sources indicated to Daily Mail that investigators with the Los Angeles Police Department were still in the process of compiling their case, as Hollywood stars continued to grieve the show business stalwart.
The lifeless bodies of the couple had been discovered Sunday afternoon at their home in Brentwood, California, with detectives saying they believe they died as a result of lethal stab wounds.

+7
View gallery
Nick Reiner, 32, who is accused of murdering his parents Rob and Michele Reiner, has been placed under suicide watch at the LA jail facility he’s being kept in. Pictured 2016 in NYC
On Tuesday, prosecutors will be given the case, after which they will declare how they are moving forward in the case against Nick.
Nick is expected to make an appearance before a judge in court this week, insiders told Daily Mail.
It was not immediately clear as of Monday evening if Nick Reiner had obtained a lawyer for representation, or been appointed one.
Law enforcement said they have yet to determine a motive in the double murder of the couple at their Brentwood California home.
Nick had past been candid about his issues with substance abuse, which led to homelessness and repeated rehab stints.
The father and son explored their complicated relationship in the 2016 film Being Charlie.
Rob Reiner told the AP in a 2016 interview that making the motion picture with Nick ‘forced us to understand ourselves better than we had.’
The filmmaker added, ‘I told Nick while we were making it, I said, “You know it doesn’t matter, whatever happens to this thing, we won already. This has already been good.” We’ve worked through a lot of stuff.’

+7
View gallery
Nick ‘is under supervision of the jail mental evaluation team’ at the Twin Towers Correctional Facility (pictured), a law enforcement insider confirmed to Daily Mail Monday.

+7
View gallery
The late Rob Reiner and Michele Reiner pictured nine months ago, on March 22 in LA

+7
View gallery
The father and son explored their complicated relationship in the 2016 film Being Charlie. Pictured in NYC in May of 2016 promoting the movie
Nick told People in 2016 interview that he had been to rehab on 17 occasions at that time, when he was 22-years-old.
Nick said that he had been confronted by family with the ultimatum of entering rehab or hitting the streets on multiple occasions – at times, choosing the latter.
‘If I wanted to do it my way and not go to the programs they were suggesting, then I had to be homeless,’ Nick said. ‘I spent nights on the street. I spent weeks on the street. It was not fun.’
Nick said that he had experienced homelessness in states including Texas, New Jersey and Maine.
A spokesperson for the Reiner family on Monday confirmed the family tragedy in a statement.
‘It is with profound sorrow that we announce the tragic passing of Michele and Rob Reiner,’ the spokesperson said. ‘We are heartbroken by this sudden loss, and we ask for privacy during this unbelievably difficult time.’
If you or someone you know is struggling or in crisis, help is available. Call or text 988 or chat 988lifeline.org.
News
THERE WERE 2 NAMES SHE REFUSED TO SAY OUT LOUD…: Katie Price has opened up about the period Lee Andrews allegedly worked around “dangerous people” — and one late-night detail from that time is now getting attention👇
Katie Price’s husband worked with ‘dangerous people’ before disappearance The Dubai-based businessman has been missing for more than a week. Lee Andrews reportedly boasted about being an international arms dealer (Image: Instagram/Katie Price) Katie Price’s husband Lee Andrews reportedly “boasted” about…
7 STEPS FROM THE CORNER… THEN SHE WAS GONE: 56-year-old Donike Gocaj was walking to work before disappearing into a NYC manhole — and people are now focusing on one chilling detail: the orange safety cone reportedly sitting near the area that morning 👀👇
Woman Who Died After Falling In Uncovered NYC Manhole Identified As 56-Year-Old Grandma A witness who saw Donike Gocaj fall into the hole told WABC-TV she kept screaming, “I’m dying” over and over. Officials in New York City have announced…
SHE WAS JUST GOING TO WORK: Donike Gocaj, 56, was reportedly walking to her cleaning job when she suddenly disappeared into a New York City sewer
SHE WAS JUST GOING TO WORK Donike Gocaj, 56, was reportedly walking to her cleaning job when she suddenly disappeared into a New York City sewer. But what was found on her phone was what really shocked everyone… 👇 Beloved…
47 MINUTES UNDERWATER… Elite technical divers have returned to the Maldives cave system in the mission linked to the deaths of 5 Italian tourists
47 MINUTES UNDERWATER… Elite technical divers have returned to the Maldives cave system in the mission linked to the deaths of 5 Italian tourists — and attention is now shifting to one narrow section of the route crews reportedly spent…
“I SWEAR I’LL HELP BRING THEM BACK…” — A video is spreading online showing the final known moments of a rescue diver who later died during recovery efforts in the Maldives. The experienced diver had joined the mission to retrieve victims from an underwater cave area and was seen calm just before entering the water for the last time. Loved ones now say the footage feels like an unexpected goodbye. Watch below👇
In the crystal-clear turquoise waters of the Maldives, where paradise often masks peril, a rescue mission turned into a double tragedy that has gripped the world. Staff Sergeant Mohamed Mahdhee (also spelled Mahudhee or Mahdi in reports), a dedicated member…
2 SERGEANTS. 1 FAMILY. 1 NIGHT THAT CHANGED EVERYTHING… Ashley Munoz never made it back after the Highway 101 tr@g3dy… and now, what teammates are saying about their final meal together is leaving many emotional
Two sergeants. One family. One ordinary night that turned into a tragedy no one in Greenville can forget. The head-on collision on Highway 101 shortly after 12:45 a.m. on May 15, 2026, claimed five lives and left Sergeant Diana Munoz…
End of content
No more pages to load