Footy legend Stephen Silvagni supports his visibly distressed wife Jo as they arrive for their 23-year-old son’s court hearing after he was convicted of rape
The footy legend father of convicted rapist Tom Silvagni has put a supportive arm around his TV personality wife as they arrived at his court hearing on Friday morning.
Stephen and Jo Silvagni’s 23-year-old son is facing court for a pre-sentence hearing after a suppression over his identity was lifted on Thursday afternoon.
Silvagni was found guilty of two counts of rape on December 5 following a two-week trial in the Victorian County Court.
There had been a suppression over his identity ever since he was first charged with rape in June 2024, with his lawyers arguing publication could lead to the deterioration of his mental health.
But Judge Andrew Palmer lifted the order on Thursday, ruling it was no longer necessary given the trial had been run and Silvagni would be under close watch in custody.
There had also been extensive discussion online identifying Silvagni as the convicted rapist, the judge said.
‘At some point he will have to reconcile himself to the reality that he has committed these offences and there is media interest,’ Judge Palmer said on Thursday.
Silvagni had repeatedly denied he digitally raped his friend’s girlfriend at his Melbourne home in the early hours of January 14, 2024.

+5
View gallery
Stephen Silvagni and his wife Jo Silvagni are seen arriving to court on Friday morning

+5
View gallery
Jo, a former model and TV personality, appeared anxious as she made her way into court

+5
View gallery
Tom Silvagni is seen arriving to court followed by his parents, Jo and Stephen

+5
View gallery
Tom Silvagni was found guilty of two counts of rape

+5
View gallery
Stephen and Jo Silvagni (nee Bailey). The couple are famous in Melbourne thanks to Stephen’s long AFL career with Carlton, and Jo’s TV roles on Sale of the Century and Chemist Warehouse
The jury was told the woman had consensual sex with her boyfriend at the house but then he organised an Uber and left the property shortly before 2am.
Silvagni then lied, telling the woman her boyfriend would be returning upstairs because his Uber had been cancelled.
But it was Silvagni who went into the dark bedroom a short time later and pretended to be the woman’s boyfriend before digitally raping her twice.
In the days after, he doctored an Uber receipt to make it look like the victim’s boyfriend had left the house after 2.30am.
Silvagni admitted forging the receipt but said he did so because he panicked after being falsely accused of rape.
But the jury rejected his story, finding him guilty of two counts of rape.
The maximum jail term for rape is 25 years.
News
THERE WERE 2 NAMES SHE REFUSED TO SAY OUT LOUD…: Katie Price has opened up about the period Lee Andrews allegedly worked around “dangerous people” — and one late-night detail from that time is now getting attention👇
Katie Price’s husband worked with ‘dangerous people’ before disappearance The Dubai-based businessman has been missing for more than a week. Lee Andrews reportedly boasted about being an international arms dealer (Image: Instagram/Katie Price) Katie Price’s husband Lee Andrews reportedly “boasted” about…
7 STEPS FROM THE CORNER… THEN SHE WAS GONE: 56-year-old Donike Gocaj was walking to work before disappearing into a NYC manhole — and people are now focusing on one chilling detail: the orange safety cone reportedly sitting near the area that morning 👀👇
Woman Who Died After Falling In Uncovered NYC Manhole Identified As 56-Year-Old Grandma A witness who saw Donike Gocaj fall into the hole told WABC-TV she kept screaming, “I’m dying” over and over. Officials in New York City have announced…
SHE WAS JUST GOING TO WORK: Donike Gocaj, 56, was reportedly walking to her cleaning job when she suddenly disappeared into a New York City sewer
SHE WAS JUST GOING TO WORK Donike Gocaj, 56, was reportedly walking to her cleaning job when she suddenly disappeared into a New York City sewer. But what was found on her phone was what really shocked everyone… 👇 Beloved…
47 MINUTES UNDERWATER… Elite technical divers have returned to the Maldives cave system in the mission linked to the deaths of 5 Italian tourists
47 MINUTES UNDERWATER… Elite technical divers have returned to the Maldives cave system in the mission linked to the deaths of 5 Italian tourists — and attention is now shifting to one narrow section of the route crews reportedly spent…
“I SWEAR I’LL HELP BRING THEM BACK…” — A video is spreading online showing the final known moments of a rescue diver who later died during recovery efforts in the Maldives. The experienced diver had joined the mission to retrieve victims from an underwater cave area and was seen calm just before entering the water for the last time. Loved ones now say the footage feels like an unexpected goodbye. Watch below👇
In the crystal-clear turquoise waters of the Maldives, where paradise often masks peril, a rescue mission turned into a double tragedy that has gripped the world. Staff Sergeant Mohamed Mahdhee (also spelled Mahudhee or Mahdi in reports), a dedicated member…
2 SERGEANTS. 1 FAMILY. 1 NIGHT THAT CHANGED EVERYTHING… Ashley Munoz never made it back after the Highway 101 tr@g3dy… and now, what teammates are saying about their final meal together is leaving many emotional
Two sergeants. One family. One ordinary night that turned into a tragedy no one in Greenville can forget. The head-on collision on Highway 101 shortly after 12:45 a.m. on May 15, 2026, claimed five lives and left Sergeant Diana Munoz…
End of content
No more pages to load