Alex Pretti’s parents speak out after son’s death, say they warned him not to engage with feds
“We had this discussion with him two weeks ago or so, you know, that go ahead and protest, but do not engage, do not do anything stupid, basically.” 
Alex Pretti, the anti-ICE agitator who was shot in Minneapolis on Saturday, was told by his parents not to engage with federal officers while attending the protests in Minnesota. Pretti had been carrying a gun with two loaded magazines at the time of the shooting on Saturday morning.
“He cared about people deeply and he was very upset with what was happening in Minneapolis and throughout the United States with ICE, as millions of other people are upset,” Michael Pretti, Alex’s father, said. “He felt that doing the protesting was a way to express that, you know, his care for others.”
In recent conversations with their 37-year-old son, Pretti’s parents had told him not to engage with federal officers. “We had this discussion with him two weeks ago or so, you know, that go ahead and protest, but do not engage, do not do anything stupid, basically,” Michael Pretti added, per CBS News. “And he said he knows that. He knew that.”
Family members of Pretti said that he owned a handgun and that he had a permit to carry in the state of Minnesota, but had never known him to carry the firearm. The shooting came as ICE agents were conducting an operation to detain an illegal immigrant with a violent criminal history.
Video showed Pretti engaging with officers, who then wrestled him to the ground. In one angle of the shooting, officers were heard yelling, “He’s got a gun,” and the shots rang out.
In the aftermath of the shooting, the Department of Homeland Security shared a picture of the gun that was recovered from Pretti and said in a statement, “At 9:05 AM CT, as DHS law enforcement officers were conducting a targeted operation in Minneapolis against an illegal alien wanted for violent assault, an individual approached US Border Patrol officers with a 9 mm semi-automatic handgun, seen here. The officers attempted to disarm the suspect but the armed suspect violently resisted. More details on the armed struggle are forthcoming.”
“Fearing for his life and the lives and safety of fellow officers, an agent fired defensive shots. Medics on scene immediately delivered medical aid to the subject but was pronounced dead at the scene. The suspect also had 2 magazines and no ID—this looks like a situation where an individual wanted to do maximum damage and massacre law enforcement. About 200 rioters arrived at the scene and began to obstruct and assault law enforcement on the scene, crowd control measures were deployed for the safety of the public and law enforcement. This situation is evolving, and more information is forthcoming,” the statement added.
News
Something Must Have Happened”: Husband’s Defiant Stand Challenges ‘Recklessness’ Narrative in Maldives Cave Tragedy
Something Must Have Happened”: Husband’s Defiant Stand Challenges ‘Recklessness’ Narrative in Maldives Cave Tragedy The international diving community remains gripped by the Maldives cave disaster as new voices challenge the emerging official emphasis on rule-breaking and poor planning. While Maldivian…
ONE DETAIL MADE EVERYONE STOP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SURFING… Ashley Munoz’s community continues to show support after the tragic accident at 12:45 AM… and now, what their teammates have revealed about their last meal is truly touching
The digital landscape is often characterized by a relentless, fast-paced stream of information where users mindlessly scroll through endless updates, global crises, and brief glimpses of human lives. However, every so pool of data contains a moment so profoundly moving…
QUESTIONS REMAIN UNCHANGED… Ashley Munoz never returned home after the tragedy on Highway 101, an accident that changed the lives of many families forever… and tonight, it is said that what was at the scene was even more shocking,…
The unpredictable vulnerability of life is a sobering reality that communities across the nation hope they never have to confront, yet it is the exact nightmare that has shattered the peace of the Upstate region in South Carolina. On a…
SHE DID IT!!💔 Those were the words Ashlin Knuth’s mother posted under graduation photos showing the 18-year-old smiling in her blue gown… now people can’t stop talking about the boyfriend who survived the crash and what he may remember from those final moments…
The transition from the highest peak of youthful celebration to the absolute lowest depths of human tragedy is a vulnerability that communities hope they never have to witness, yet it is precisely the reality that has shattered the town of…
JUST HOURS BEFORE THE CRASH, ASHLIN KNUTH WAS SMILING IN HER GRADUATION GOWN 😢🎓 Her mom had just posted, “She did it!! So proud of you Ashlin!!” — but the detail people are now asking about is what happened inside that car with her 18-year-old boyfriend just hours later…
On Sunday, May 17, 2026, Ashlin Jade Knuth walked across the stage at Ottumwa High School in Iowa as part of the Class of 2026. Smiling brightly in her graduation gown, she celebrated a major milestone surrounded by family, friends,…
HE DISAPPEARED IN SECONDS: Search teams are racing to find missing rower Jeremiah Gamble on Lake Guntersville after he is believed to have fallen into the water and never resurfaced 👀 But there’s a worrying detail from the search area: a life vest was found…👇
On Sunday, May 17, 2026, a routine boating outing on one of Alabama’s most popular lakes turned into a desperate search and recovery operation. Jeremiah Gamble, a 25-year-old from Tallassee, Alabama, entered the waters of Lake Guntersville near Honeycomb Creek…
End of content
No more pages to load