And his new show is produced by a famous face

Dermot O’Leary(Image: ITV)
Dermot O’Leary’s has said how he ‘couldn’t believe his luck’ as he landed a new game show, Silence Is Golden. which is coming to screens next month.
The 51-year-old broadcaster is hosting the new programme – which sees £250,000 up for grabs for the studio audience if they can stay quiet – which is arriving on U and U+Dave on Monday 5th May at 9pm.
Dermot will be joined throughout the series by three comedy captains, Katherine Ryan, Seann Walsh and Fatiha El-Ghorri.
He said of the show: “I’m so looking forward to ‘Silence Is Golden’. When a show like this falls into your lap, you can’t quite believe your luck.
“Looking forward to having lots of fun with the audience, our comedians and assorted cast of regulars, all trying to make the audience laugh, gasp and giggle.”
UKTV’s Mark Iddon added: “We’re really excited to bring ‘Silence Is Golden’ to U+Dave. Dermot is the perfect host to hold this chaotically ambitious show together, and we think our U+Dave audiences are going to embrace this subversive and unpredictable format.
“‘Silence Is Golden’ is the only show where staying silent is worth its weight in gold. It’s the quietest way to lose a fortune you’ll ever see, and it’s time for our studio audience to put their money where their mouth isn’t.”

Dermot is usually seen hosting This Morning with Alison Hammond(Image: ITV)
Richard Bacon is an executive producer on the programme for Yes Yes Media and likened the show to “the feeling when you’re not allowed to laugh at a funeral”.
The former Blue Peter presenter said: “Well, it’s that: the Game Show. And I commend U+Dave for boldly commissioning a show that will cost them a quarter million a week – if the audience is better at playing the game than we are.”
Dermot previously presented’The X Factor and defended the ITV singing competition from criticism about the treatment of contestants.
He told The Times newspaper: “If the show was made now, it’d be made differently. The culture is different, but it was pretty much always celebratory. Look, not everyone on the show is going to knock it out of the park. Not everyone is going to have the best experience.
“But most of the people we had on were treated really well, and a lot of people who have talked negatively about their experiences are talking about what happened after they left.
“I think 99 out of 100 actually missed the show – they missed the bubble. So if there is a duty of care to be looked at, it’s what happens afterwards.”
News
THERE WERE 2 NAMES SHE REFUSED TO SAY OUT LOUD…: Katie Price has opened up about the period Lee Andrews allegedly worked around “dangerous people” — and one late-night detail from that time is now getting attention👇
Katie Price’s husband worked with ‘dangerous people’ before disappearance The Dubai-based businessman has been missing for more than a week. Lee Andrews reportedly boasted about being an international arms dealer (Image: Instagram/Katie Price) Katie Price’s husband Lee Andrews reportedly “boasted” about…
7 STEPS FROM THE CORNER… THEN SHE WAS GONE: 56-year-old Donike Gocaj was walking to work before disappearing into a NYC manhole — and people are now focusing on one chilling detail: the orange safety cone reportedly sitting near the area that morning 👀👇
Woman Who Died After Falling In Uncovered NYC Manhole Identified As 56-Year-Old Grandma A witness who saw Donike Gocaj fall into the hole told WABC-TV she kept screaming, “I’m dying” over and over. Officials in New York City have announced…
SHE WAS JUST GOING TO WORK: Donike Gocaj, 56, was reportedly walking to her cleaning job when she suddenly disappeared into a New York City sewer
SHE WAS JUST GOING TO WORK Donike Gocaj, 56, was reportedly walking to her cleaning job when she suddenly disappeared into a New York City sewer. But what was found on her phone was what really shocked everyone… 👇 Beloved…
47 MINUTES UNDERWATER… Elite technical divers have returned to the Maldives cave system in the mission linked to the deaths of 5 Italian tourists
47 MINUTES UNDERWATER… Elite technical divers have returned to the Maldives cave system in the mission linked to the deaths of 5 Italian tourists — and attention is now shifting to one narrow section of the route crews reportedly spent…
“I SWEAR I’LL HELP BRING THEM BACK…” — A video is spreading online showing the final known moments of a rescue diver who later died during recovery efforts in the Maldives. The experienced diver had joined the mission to retrieve victims from an underwater cave area and was seen calm just before entering the water for the last time. Loved ones now say the footage feels like an unexpected goodbye. Watch below👇
In the crystal-clear turquoise waters of the Maldives, where paradise often masks peril, a rescue mission turned into a double tragedy that has gripped the world. Staff Sergeant Mohamed Mahdhee (also spelled Mahudhee or Mahdi in reports), a dedicated member…
2 SERGEANTS. 1 FAMILY. 1 NIGHT THAT CHANGED EVERYTHING… Ashley Munoz never made it back after the Highway 101 tr@g3dy… and now, what teammates are saying about their final meal together is leaving many emotional
Two sergeants. One family. One ordinary night that turned into a tragedy no one in Greenville can forget. The head-on collision on Highway 101 shortly after 12:45 a.m. on May 15, 2026, claimed five lives and left Sergeant Diana Munoz…
End of content
No more pages to load