Body found during search for missing Texas teen Camila Mendoza Olmos as another teen girl disappears
Camila Olmos vanished Christmas Eve from her Bexar County home as another girl is also missing in San Antonio area
A body was found Tuesday evening as authorities in Bexar County, Texas, grapple with a series of disappearances involving teen girls who all went missing within a week.
The body was found during the search for 19-year-old Camila Olmos, though police said it is too early to determine whether the remains belong to her.
Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar said during a news conference that investigators had “just recently found a body in a field” around 4:40 to 4:45 p.m., adding that the medical examiner will determine both the identity of the body and the cause and manner of death.
The body was found by a joint team of sheriff’s deputies and FBI agents in an area of tall grass near a landscaping business, a few hundred yards from Olmos’ home, according to Salazar.

Camila Olmos was reported missing on Christmas Eve. (Bexar County Sheriff)
A firearm was recovered near the body, which authorities said had been an item of interest during the search.
Salazar said investigators do not currently suspect murder and noted there were indicators consistent with possible self-harm, though he stressed it is too early to draw conclusions while the scene is still being processed.
Olmos was last seen leaving her home in far northwest Bexar County around 7 a.m. on Dec. 24, authorities said. Her case came as two other girls were reported missing in the area. Fourteen-year-old Sofia Gabriela Peters-Cobos has since been found safe, while 17-year-old Angelique Johnson remains missing, according to police.
Law enforcement has said there is no confirmed connection between the cases.

Angelique Johnson, from San Antonio, Texas, was reported missing. (Bexar County Sheriff’s Office)
Texas Department of Public Safety said the Clear Alert for Olmos has been discontinued, though authorities urged anyone with information related to the cases or the whereabouts of Angelique Johnson to contact the Bexar County Sheriff’s Office. The Bexar County Sheriff’s Office and the San Antonio Police Department did not respond immediately to Fox News Digital’s requests for comment.
No Evidence Supports Claims of Ex-Boyfriend on CCTV in Camila Mendoza Olmos Case
Recent social media posts have circulated unsubstantiated claims suggesting that CCTV footage near the home of 19-year-old Camila Mendoza Olmos captured her ex-boyfriend appearing after midnight on Christmas Eve, December 24, 2025. These allegations imply the footage could fill a critical “gap” in the timeline after she left her home. However, extensive reviews of reports from mainstream outlets—including Fox News, NBC News, ABC News, BBC, and local San Antonio sources such as KSAT and the San Antonio Express-News—reveal no confirmation of such footage from law enforcement.
people.com

nbcnews.com
people.com
Camila Mendoza Olmos vanished from her northwest Bexar County home in the Wildhorse subdivision early on Christmas Eve morning. Neighbor surveillance video showed her rummaging through her car around 6:58 a.m. before walking away on foot, leaving her cellphone charging inside. Authorities later released dashcam footage from a passing driver capturing a figure—believed to be Camila—walking alone along Wildhorse Parkway shortly after 7 a.m. No official reports mention any footage from after midnight or involving her ex-boyfriend.

foxnews.com

foxnews.com

independent.co.uk
Ex-Boyfriend’s Role and Rumors Dismissed
Camila’s ex-boyfriend, identified in some reports as Nathan Gonzales, was mentioned during the search phase. He actively participated in efforts to find her, leading volunteer search parties and sharing her photo on social media. Gonzales described Camila as “exceptionally caring” and cooperated fully with investigators. Family members, including her aunt Nancy Olmos, publicly dismissed rumors linking him to the disappearance as “fake news,” noting the recent breakup was amicable and their families had been close for years.

marca.com

unilad.com
Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar stated during press conferences that all close contacts, including the ex-boyfriend, cooperated, and there was no indication of foul play. The recent breakup was described as mutual and not a concern in the investigation.
Official Findings: Suicide Ruling, No Foul Play
On December 30, 2025, search teams discovered a body in a grassy field approximately 100 yards from Camila’s home, behind a landscaping business on FM 1560. The Bexar County Medical Examiner identified it as Camila on December 31, ruling the cause of death a gunshot wound to the head and the manner suicide. A firearm found nearby matched a missing gun from a family member. The area had been searched previously but was revisited due to dense vegetation.

kxxv.com
iheart.com

kens5.com
Sheriff Salazar noted prior indicators of undiagnosed depression and suicidal ideations, though the family was unaware of formal diagnoses. He emphasized a thorough probe ruled out abduction, trafficking, or foul play. Camila’s father, Alfonso Mendoza, mentioned she had been feeling low after the breakup, losing weight and struggling with grades.
Family Statement and Community Impact
The family released a statement via aunt Nancy Olmos: “Our beloved Camila Mendoza Olmos is now with the Good Lord.” They expressed gratitude for support and requested prayers for mother Rosario and brother Carlos.
facebook.com

mirror.co.uk
The tragedy prompted a surge in calls to mental health hotlines in San Antonio, tripling volume in the days following. Community vigils honored Camila, a Northwest Vista College student aspiring to become an orthodontist with strong ties to family in Texas and Southern California.
Unverified social media claims about ex-boyfriend footage appear to stem from misinformation during the intense search period. Official sources consistently show Camila alone in released videos, with no midnight sightings reported. This case highlights the dangers of unconfirmed rumors amplifying grief, while underscoring the importance of mental health awareness.
News
KYLE BUSCH’S SON REPORTEDLY ASKED JUST 1 QUESTION…
KYLE BUSCH’S SON REPORTEDLY ASKED JUST 1 QUESTION…As family members continue processing the NASCAR legend’s death at 41, one emotional moment involving his child is now spreading across racing communities — because people say the question reportedly asked inside the…
“THERE WERE REPORTEDLY 3 PEOPLE IN THE ROOM WHEN THE NEWS CAME…” 😢⚠️
THERE WERE REPORTEDLY 3 PEOPLE IN THE ROOM WHEN THE NEWS CAME…The NASCAR world is still processing Kyle Busch’s death, but people online are now focusing on emotional details surrounding the moment his family allegedly received the update — because…
“THE LAST THING INSIDE HIS HOSPITAL ROOM IS NOW GETTING ATTENTION…” 💔🙏
THE LAST THING INSIDE HIS HOSPITAL ROOM IS NOW GETTING ATTENTION…💔🙏As tributes continue pouring in after Kyle Busch’s death at 41, people close to the situation say one personal item reportedly remained near him during his final hours — and…
“HE TOLD THEM ‘I’LL BE FINE’… 42 MINUTES LATER EVERYTHING CHANGED.” 🚨💔
“HE TOLD THEM ‘I’LL BE FINE’… 42 MINUTES LATER EVERYTHING CHANGED.” 🚨💔People around Kyle Busch reportedly believed it was another temporary health issue at first — but now one timeline detail from the final hour is spreading rapidly among fans…
“NOBODY PAID ATTENTION TO THE FINAL 18 SECONDS…” 💔🏁
“NOBODY PAID ATTENTION TO THE FINAL 18 SECONDS…” 💔🏁Kyle Busch had just finished speaking with people close to him when one short moment from the conversation reportedly left everyone frozen — and now NASCAR fans say the detail hitting hardest…
DONIKE GOCAJ’S FAMILY SAYS 2 MINUTES NOW FEEL DIFFERENT 💔😳 What happened on Fifth Avenue unfolded almost instantly, but loved ones say there’s a tiny part of the timeline they keep replaying in their minds… And it starts with one last conversation
In the days since tragedy struck on Fifth Avenue, the Gocaj family has found themselves trapped in a painful loop, replaying fragments of time that once seemed insignificant. What unfolded in mere moments on the night of May 18, 2026,…
End of content
No more pages to load