We hope you’ve had your coffee already, because this one might otherwise have your head spinning.
Comedian Tyler Fischer, a fairly regular guest on the popular Fox News Channel late night series Gutfeld!, hosted by comedian Greg Gutfeld, says he’s been banned from the platform after asking “an employee out for coffee.” Fischer says the conservative-leaning Fox News, which has been front-and-center fighting so-called woke-ness in America, has itself “gone full woke.”
We’ll wait for you to brew that espresso shot; OK, ready?
“ATTENTION: After almost 2 years I will no longer be on @Gutfeldfox TV show,” Fischer tweeted Wednesday. “Sadly, they have gone full woke and kicked me off for a reason that is beyond hard to believe. What was my woke crime? I asked an employee out for coffee.”
Fischer said he has “proof” and is “seeking legal counsel for defamation,” calling his purported ban “absolutely insane.”
A source with knowledge of the situation told The Hollywood Reporter that in the exchange, Fischer grabbed the female employee’s cellphone, put his number in her contacts list and then “demanded” to know if she got the number.
“It wasn’t a friendly thing,” the source said.
Fischer responded to the claims in a statement to THR that reads: “This was a mutual and very friendly interaction. When asked if she would like to (go out for) coffee she said yes. At that point phone numbers were consensually exchanged. Absolutely nothing aggressive or forceful happened from me or her.”
A spokesperson for Fox News declined to comment for this story.
While there is no official word that Fischer has been banned, he has not appeared on any Fox News Channel show since January. Fischer has appeared on 16 episodes of Gutfeld!, which launched as a weekend show in 2015 and moved to weeknights in 2021.
“It is not illegal or against any rules at Fox to ask a grown adult for coffee, but in the woke mind virus world, any advance by a man is labeled as some kind of toxic masculinity,” Fischer continued. “This is why men have stopped approaching women in real life (off dating apps) because being chivalrous and doing what men have done forever (showing interest in women by offering to take them on a date) is now turned into a crime. It’s beyond tragic to see men hide away in fear. I, for one, will not allow it to happen to me.”
Fischer says he was “canceled” months ago, and that numerous people at Gutfeld! “have completely ghosted” him since then.
Fox News Channel is a highly viewed network — especially for cable, though its primetime lineup often draws audiences as large as those for broadcast television. Gutfeld! has done very well, comparably well to Stephen Colbert’s The Late Show, Jimmy Kimmel Live! and Jimmy Fallon’s The Tonight Show — it helps that Gutfeld’s program begins 90 minutes earlier (at 10 p.m. ET now after being moved up from 11).
“You all deserve to know what the show you are watching is really like,” Fischer wrote. “They claim to hate wokeness but it is all empty words. They won’t back it up even for one of their top recurring guests.”
He went on to say that in the two years he’s been a rotating guest, he has not been “paid a dime.”
That part is not unusual in the cable-news business; guests are not paid for participation.
“We work our asses off and to prep for an episode we work just as hard as Greg and the two regular guests who all get paid. You are treated like an intern not like a professional guest. We all travel, give up work to be there and write our own material,” Fischer said. “Not to mention, they will throw you under the bus and take the side of a woke, indoctrinated radical feminist instead of their loyal guests.”
And then he did a written Trump impression, we guess: “As Greg likes to ask me every show, ‘Tyler, what would TRUMP say about this?’ Well, he would say….. ‘Everything woke goes to shit. That show had a lot of potential, but with no spine or balls to back up the things they make fun of, it will likely wither away over time. The ratings will drop just like CNN and it will fail. SAD!!’”
Following the lengthy post on X (formerly Twitter), Fischer was removed as the warm-up act for a pair of Gutfeld’s live shows. He posted the cancellation email to the same social media platform.
This is not the first time that Fischer has taken some level of legal action for what he believes to be Hollywood’s “woke” agenda harming his career. In February, Fischer told Fox News Digital (we guess they were on speaking terms at the time) that he recorded a conversation in which a manager from AGI Entertainment Media & Management told him that it is “company policy” to not hire “straight white guys.” AGI reps Samantha Bee, Colin Quinn and Julie Chen, among others.
THR reached out to AGI Entertainment Media & Management with a request for comment on Fischer’s account, but we did not immediately receive a response.
Fischer says he filed a lawsuit with the Supreme Court over the alleged AGI tape.
News
THERE WERE 2 NAMES SHE REFUSED TO SAY OUT LOUD…: Katie Price has opened up about the period Lee Andrews allegedly worked around “dangerous people” — and one late-night detail from that time is now getting attention👇
Katie Price’s husband worked with ‘dangerous people’ before disappearance The Dubai-based businessman has been missing for more than a week. Lee Andrews reportedly boasted about being an international arms dealer (Image: Instagram/Katie Price) Katie Price’s husband Lee Andrews reportedly “boasted” about…
7 STEPS FROM THE CORNER… THEN SHE WAS GONE: 56-year-old Donike Gocaj was walking to work before disappearing into a NYC manhole — and people are now focusing on one chilling detail: the orange safety cone reportedly sitting near the area that morning 👀👇
Woman Who Died After Falling In Uncovered NYC Manhole Identified As 56-Year-Old Grandma A witness who saw Donike Gocaj fall into the hole told WABC-TV she kept screaming, “I’m dying” over and over. Officials in New York City have announced…
SHE WAS JUST GOING TO WORK: Donike Gocaj, 56, was reportedly walking to her cleaning job when she suddenly disappeared into a New York City sewer
SHE WAS JUST GOING TO WORK Donike Gocaj, 56, was reportedly walking to her cleaning job when she suddenly disappeared into a New York City sewer. But what was found on her phone was what really shocked everyone… 👇 Beloved…
47 MINUTES UNDERWATER… Elite technical divers have returned to the Maldives cave system in the mission linked to the deaths of 5 Italian tourists
47 MINUTES UNDERWATER… Elite technical divers have returned to the Maldives cave system in the mission linked to the deaths of 5 Italian tourists — and attention is now shifting to one narrow section of the route crews reportedly spent…
“I SWEAR I’LL HELP BRING THEM BACK…” — A video is spreading online showing the final known moments of a rescue diver who later died during recovery efforts in the Maldives. The experienced diver had joined the mission to retrieve victims from an underwater cave area and was seen calm just before entering the water for the last time. Loved ones now say the footage feels like an unexpected goodbye. Watch below👇
In the crystal-clear turquoise waters of the Maldives, where paradise often masks peril, a rescue mission turned into a double tragedy that has gripped the world. Staff Sergeant Mohamed Mahdhee (also spelled Mahudhee or Mahdi in reports), a dedicated member…
2 SERGEANTS. 1 FAMILY. 1 NIGHT THAT CHANGED EVERYTHING… Ashley Munoz never made it back after the Highway 101 tr@g3dy… and now, what teammates are saying about their final meal together is leaving many emotional
Two sergeants. One family. One ordinary night that turned into a tragedy no one in Greenville can forget. The head-on collision on Highway 101 shortly after 12:45 a.m. on May 15, 2026, claimed five lives and left Sergeant Diana Munoz…
End of content
No more pages to load