HEART-MELTING MOMENT 💔✨ Jessie J reveals Princess Kate’s quietly powerful, down-to-earth response when she nervously asked for a hug while reflecting on their shared cancer journeys — and what Catherine said next left everyone stunned 👀👇
Jessie J reveals Princess Kate’s down-to-earth response when she asked for a hug after reflecting on cancer diagnoses
Jessie JÂ has spoken warmly of the Princess of Wales’ caring and down-to-earth nature after the pair embraced one another at the Royal Variety Performance last month.
The pop star, 37, met with Kate, 43, on November 20, 2025, and the Prince of Wales at the glamorous London event, and they shared a tender moment over their individual cancer battles.
Kate revealed earlier this year that she was in remission from an undisclosed form of cancer, while Jessie underwent a mastectomy in June as part of her treatment for breast cancer.
Jessie, who is continuing to undergo cancer treatment and was forced to cancel her US tour dates in order to have surgery, appeared on Good Morning America recently and explained how she broke protocol to hug Kate.
Speaking to host Maggie Rulli on Friday, December 5, Jessie recalled her conversation with the Princess.
‘She just said, ‘Thank you, I know you’ve gone through a tough time.’ I said, ‘I know you have too’,’ the singer revealed.
‘I just said, ‘I want to acknowledge that, mum to mum, cancer survivor to cancer survivor. I see you, and I feel you. Can I give you a hug?”
Traditionally, people are not allowed to touch a member of the Royal Family – but Kate gave permission to Jessie to embrace her, showcasing her care and compassion.

+3
View gallery
The Princess of Wales and Jessie J spoke briefly about their journeys with cancer and treatment when they met at the Royal Variety Performance in November 2025 (pictured)
‘She said, ‘Of course you can.’ I’m grateful she received it in the way it was meant.’
While past royals have abided strictly to the rule previously, the new generation of the family are more relaxed and have been known to hold hands with, hug and even take selfies with members of the public while carrying out their royal duties.
In another recent interview with ABC, Jessie said that while she is ‘super lucky’ that her doctors caught her cancer early, there is a chance it could return.
‘It wasn’t invasive, thank god. I know there’s a chance it could come back but until then we’re living life,’ she told the channel.
Meanwhile, Kate has also recently spoken out about her own battle with cancer, which began early in 2024.
The Princess admitted: ‘You put on a sort of brave face, stoicism through treatment, treatments done, then it’s like, ‘I can crack on, get back to normal,’ but actually the phase afterwards is really, really difficult.’
Describing a cancer diagnosis as ‘life changing’ and the treatment and recovery a ‘rollercoaster’, the Princess spoke of the importance of a holistic ‘mind, body and spirit’ approach.
Kate had undergone major abdominal surgery in January 2024 and was later diagnosed with an undisclosed form of cancer.

+3
View gallery
Kate and Jessie shared a warm embrace at the Royal Variety Performance, despite it breaking traditional royal protocol

+3
View gallery
The 37-year-old pop star opened up about her experience with the disease on Good Morning America
She underwent preventative chemotherapy in the subsequent months, finishing the treatment in September 2024.
In January 2025, the Princess shared that she is now in remission. However, she revealed that recovery has been a ‘rollercoaster’ after the ‘life-changing’ diagnosis.
While meeting with fellow patients at a cancer wellbeing centre at Colchester Hospital in July, Kate reflected on the ‘very scary, very daunting experience’ that came with having cancer.
She also noted that the journey did not end with the conclusion of treatment, with patients needing to take time to find their ‘new normal’.
Kate’s return to public duties has been slow and measured over the last 12 months, and she recently hosted her fifth annual Christmas carol concert at Westminster Abbey.
The festive event took place on Friday, December 5, with Kate and Prince William attending with their three children, Prince George, 12, Princess Charlotte, 10, and Prince Louis, seven.
The Wales family was joined by other royals, including Sophie, the Duchess of Edinburgh, Zara and Mike Tindall, and Prince Michael of Kent.
There were plenty of famous faces who were also invited to attend the event, including Dame Mary Berry, Eugene Levy, Joe Locke, Chiwetel Ejiofor and Kate Winslet.
News
THERE WERE 2 NAMES SHE REFUSED TO SAY OUT LOUD…: Katie Price has opened up about the period Lee Andrews allegedly worked around “dangerous people” — and one late-night detail from that time is now getting attention👇
Katie Price’s husband worked with ‘dangerous people’ before disappearance The Dubai-based businessman has been missing for more than a week. Lee Andrews reportedly boasted about being an international arms dealer (Image: Instagram/Katie Price) Katie Price’s husband Lee Andrews reportedly “boasted” about…
7 STEPS FROM THE CORNER… THEN SHE WAS GONE: 56-year-old Donike Gocaj was walking to work before disappearing into a NYC manhole — and people are now focusing on one chilling detail: the orange safety cone reportedly sitting near the area that morning 👀👇
Woman Who Died After Falling In Uncovered NYC Manhole Identified As 56-Year-Old Grandma A witness who saw Donike Gocaj fall into the hole told WABC-TV she kept screaming, “I’m dying” over and over. Officials in New York City have announced…
SHE WAS JUST GOING TO WORK: Donike Gocaj, 56, was reportedly walking to her cleaning job when she suddenly disappeared into a New York City sewer
SHE WAS JUST GOING TO WORK Donike Gocaj, 56, was reportedly walking to her cleaning job when she suddenly disappeared into a New York City sewer. But what was found on her phone was what really shocked everyone… 👇 Beloved…
47 MINUTES UNDERWATER… Elite technical divers have returned to the Maldives cave system in the mission linked to the deaths of 5 Italian tourists
47 MINUTES UNDERWATER… Elite technical divers have returned to the Maldives cave system in the mission linked to the deaths of 5 Italian tourists — and attention is now shifting to one narrow section of the route crews reportedly spent…
“I SWEAR I’LL HELP BRING THEM BACK…” — A video is spreading online showing the final known moments of a rescue diver who later died during recovery efforts in the Maldives. The experienced diver had joined the mission to retrieve victims from an underwater cave area and was seen calm just before entering the water for the last time. Loved ones now say the footage feels like an unexpected goodbye. Watch below👇
In the crystal-clear turquoise waters of the Maldives, where paradise often masks peril, a rescue mission turned into a double tragedy that has gripped the world. Staff Sergeant Mohamed Mahdhee (also spelled Mahudhee or Mahdi in reports), a dedicated member…
2 SERGEANTS. 1 FAMILY. 1 NIGHT THAT CHANGED EVERYTHING… Ashley Munoz never made it back after the Highway 101 tr@g3dy… and now, what teammates are saying about their final meal together is leaving many emotional
Two sergeants. One family. One ordinary night that turned into a tragedy no one in Greenville can forget. The head-on collision on Highway 101 shortly after 12:45 a.m. on May 15, 2026, claimed five lives and left Sergeant Diana Munoz…
End of content
No more pages to load