Sheriff Javier Salazar provides details pertaining to ongoing search efforts for 19-year-old Camila Olmos.
Body found during search for Camila Olmos, sheriff says; still undetermined if remains are missing 19-year-old
Sheriff Javier Salazar said the Bexar County medical examiner still must determine the identity of the remains found Tuesday.
SAN ANTONIO — Sheriff Javier Salazar said a body and gun were found Tuesday amid the ongoing search for 19-year-old Camila Mendoza Olmos, who disappeared from her Bexar County home on Christmas Eve.
Salazar said Tuesday evening that the medical examiner still has to confirm the identity of the remains, as well as a cause and manner of death.
“But we hope to expedite that process to get the community answers,” the sheriff said, adding he hopes clarity will come from the ME’s office “in the next day or two.”
Salazar said the body was found in a field “very close to Camila’s home.” It was located during a search by sheriff’s deputies and FBI agents in a field they decided to scour again due to high brush in the area.
>>WATCH: Sheriff Salazar’s full presser:
A CLEAR Alert for Olmos was issued on Christmas Day. A neighbor’s surveillance video captured her standing near her vehicle around 7 a.m. on Dec. 24, in the 11000 block of Caspian Spring.
Her mother, Rosario Olmos, said she and her daughter were sleeping together that morning when she felt Camila get up. About an hour and a half later, Rosario said, she woke up and could not find Camila, although her car was still at the house.
“I called her cell phone, but the cell phone was there on the bed and it was turned off,” Rosario Olmos previously told KENS 5. “I put it to charge and went out to look for her. I thought I would find her like other times, walking, and we would come home together.”
The only other footage authorities had obtained, Salazar previously said, is a portion of dash camera video that appeared to show someone walking on the side of the road—that person, authorities believe, was Olmos.
Olmos’ disappearance has sparked large, daily search efforts in the area she was last seen, focusing their efforts on an eight-mile radius around her home. At a vigil held Saturday night, the community came together to pray for her safe return and provide support for the family.
“We are hopeful every day,” Rosario told KENS 5 on Sunday. “At times we are broken, but we are staying strong because my daughter is missing and we don’t know where she is.”
The Texas Department of Public Safety, which issued the original CLEAR Alert, discontinued that alert Tuesday evening, shortly after Salazar’s remarks.
‘Check on people’
Salazar added on Tuesday that authorities had developed information that Camila might have been experiencing “some suicidal ideations,” saying it appeared she “was a young person going through a very tough time in her life.”
“Check on people,” Salazar added. “Don’t take anything for granted… If you’re going through a crisis yourself, reach out and get help.”
News
THERE WERE 2 NAMES SHE REFUSED TO SAY OUT LOUD…: Katie Price has opened up about the period Lee Andrews allegedly worked around “dangerous people” — and one late-night detail from that time is now getting attention👇
Katie Price’s husband worked with ‘dangerous people’ before disappearance The Dubai-based businessman has been missing for more than a week. Lee Andrews reportedly boasted about being an international arms dealer (Image: Instagram/Katie Price) Katie Price’s husband Lee Andrews reportedly “boasted” about…
7 STEPS FROM THE CORNER… THEN SHE WAS GONE: 56-year-old Donike Gocaj was walking to work before disappearing into a NYC manhole — and people are now focusing on one chilling detail: the orange safety cone reportedly sitting near the area that morning 👀👇
Woman Who Died After Falling In Uncovered NYC Manhole Identified As 56-Year-Old Grandma A witness who saw Donike Gocaj fall into the hole told WABC-TV she kept screaming, “I’m dying” over and over. Officials in New York City have announced…
SHE WAS JUST GOING TO WORK: Donike Gocaj, 56, was reportedly walking to her cleaning job when she suddenly disappeared into a New York City sewer
SHE WAS JUST GOING TO WORK Donike Gocaj, 56, was reportedly walking to her cleaning job when she suddenly disappeared into a New York City sewer. But what was found on her phone was what really shocked everyone… 👇 Beloved…
47 MINUTES UNDERWATER… Elite technical divers have returned to the Maldives cave system in the mission linked to the deaths of 5 Italian tourists
47 MINUTES UNDERWATER… Elite technical divers have returned to the Maldives cave system in the mission linked to the deaths of 5 Italian tourists — and attention is now shifting to one narrow section of the route crews reportedly spent…
“I SWEAR I’LL HELP BRING THEM BACK…” — A video is spreading online showing the final known moments of a rescue diver who later died during recovery efforts in the Maldives. The experienced diver had joined the mission to retrieve victims from an underwater cave area and was seen calm just before entering the water for the last time. Loved ones now say the footage feels like an unexpected goodbye. Watch below👇
In the crystal-clear turquoise waters of the Maldives, where paradise often masks peril, a rescue mission turned into a double tragedy that has gripped the world. Staff Sergeant Mohamed Mahdhee (also spelled Mahudhee or Mahdi in reports), a dedicated member…
2 SERGEANTS. 1 FAMILY. 1 NIGHT THAT CHANGED EVERYTHING… Ashley Munoz never made it back after the Highway 101 tr@g3dy… and now, what teammates are saying about their final meal together is leaving many emotional
Two sergeants. One family. One ordinary night that turned into a tragedy no one in Greenville can forget. The head-on collision on Highway 101 shortly after 12:45 a.m. on May 15, 2026, claimed five lives and left Sergeant Diana Munoz…
End of content
No more pages to load