
Rob Reiner’s Death: Everything We Know So Far
Here are all the heartbreaking details on the beloved filmmaker’s slaying.
Key Points
Rob Reiner and wife Michele Singer were found murdered at their Brentwood home on Dec. 14, 2025.
Their son, Nick Reiner, was arrested and charged with their murders after a family argument.
Nick, who struggled with addiction, remains in custody with bail set at $4 million.
Rob Reiner, actor, director, writer, producer and actor, and his wife, Michele Singer Reiner, were found murdered in their home on Sunday, Dec. 14, 2025. The This Is Spinal Tap creator was 78. Singer Reiner was 68. Their son, Nick Reiner, was questioned and later arrested and charged with their slayings.
Here’s everything we know so far about the tragic loss of one of America’s most beloved filmmakers.
What happened to Rob Reiner?
Rob Reiner and Michele Singer Reiner were found dead in their mansion in the Brentwood area of Los Angeles on Dec. 14, 2025.
The family said in a statement shortly after the news broke, “It is with profound sorrow that we announce the tragic passing of Michele and Rob Reiner. We are heartbroken by this sudden loss, and we ask for privacy during this unbelievably difficult time.”
Who found Rob Reiner and his wife Michele Singer?
According to PEOPLE, Rob and Michele’s daughter Romy Reiner found her parents after they were murdered.
What time were police called to Rob Reiner’s house?
Multiple reports state that paramedics and police were called to the Reiners’ home between 3:30 p.m. and 3:40 p.m. PT on Sunday, Dec. 14, 2025.
Where did Rob Reiner and Michele Singer live?

The Reiners lived in the wealthy enclave of Brentwood, located in the west side of Los Angeles county.

About 42,000 people reside in the neighborhood, including LeBron James, Gwyneth Paltrow, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Dr. Dre and Disney CEO Bob Iger, as well as former vice president Kamala Harris and former second gentleman Doug Emhoff. Other stars who’ve lived in Brentwood include Marilyn Monroe, Bea Arthur, Betty White and O.J. Simpson.
Related: Billy Crystal and Larry David Seen at Rob Reiner’s Home After His Death
How did Rob Reiner die?
Both Rob and Michele Singer Reiner’s causes of deaths appear to be homicide: They reportedly died after an assailant slit their throats. TMZ reported that the slayings took place after a “heated argument” with their son Nick and that the bodies showed signs of “lacerations consistent with a knife.”
Related: Ron Howard Mourns Rob Reiner With Powerful Tribute Hours After His Death
Who killed Rob Reiner and his wife?
Nick Reiner, son of Rob Reiner and Michele Singer Reiner, was arrested in connection with their deaths, but is innocent until proven guilty.

Who was the last person to talk to Rob Reiner?
While we don’t know the specific last person who spoke to Rob Reiner before his death, we do know that earlier that day and week, he was with friends and family who loved him.
Monty Python star Eric Idle said he spoke to Rob the day before the director was murdered.
“Rob Reiner was a lovely man. I spoke to him last night for over an hour,” Idle wrote on X (formerly Twitter) just after 1 a.m. PT on Monday, Dec. 15, 2025. “I always enjoyed his company. I met him at his Dad’s in 1975. He was telling me about fiming [sic] at Stonehenge and his thoughts for the future. This is so awful. I shall miss him. A clever, talented and very thoughtful man. So awful.”
Rob, Michele and Nick Reiner all attended pal Conan O’Brien‘s holiday party the afternoon of the slaying, TMZ reported. The three of them reportedly had a “very loud argument” at the soiree, after which Rob and Michele went home. Sources claimed that Michele was lamenting to friends that she and Rob were struggling for several months to get Nick treatment for his addiction and mental health problems.
Related: The Chilling Message Rob Reiner Told the World Months Before His Murder
Who is Nick Reiner?

Nick Reiner is the son of Rob Reiner and Michele Singer Reiner.
Nick struggled with addiction for much of his life, which at times left him homeless and often in and out of various rehabilitation centers and programs; his count as of 2016 was reportedly 17 stints. His substance abuse, and his family’s responses to it, deteriorated his relationship with his parents.
“I was homeless in Maine. I was homeless in New Jersey. I was homeless in Texas,” Nick told PEOPLE in 2016. “I spent nights on the street. I spent weeks on the street. It was not fun … If I wanted to do it my way and not go to the programs they were suggesting, then I had to be homeless.”
“When Nick would tell us that it wasn’t working for him, we wouldn’t listen,” Rob recalled to the Los Angeles Times in September 2015. “We were desperate, and because the people had diplomas on their wall, we listened to them when we should have been listening to our son.”

“We were so influenced by these people,” Michele added at the time. “They would tell us he’s a liar, that he was trying to manipulate us. And we believed them.”
For his part, Nick said in a 2016 interview with Build Studios that he “didn’t really bond a lot” with his father when he was young.
When Nick got sober (at least at the time), he and Rob collaborated on the 2015 film Being Charlie. The movie was a semi-autobiographical look at a successful filmmaker eyeing a run for political office and his strained relationship with his son, who suffered from addiction.

Rob and Nick said that one particular line in the movie, when the father character tells his son, “I’d rather you hate me and be alive,” came directly from their real-life conversations.
“I mean, we did get into fights over things, but ultimately it forced us to make the film better,” Rob Reiner said in 2016. “The whole process for me—I can just speak for myself—it did make me understand him a lot more, and it did make me a better father. Hopefully it did.”
How old is Nick Reiner?
Born Sept. 14, 1993, Nick Reiner is 32 years old as of this writing.
Has Nick Reiner been arrested?

Nick Reiner was arrested early on Dec. 15, 2025, a day after his parents were found dead in their home.
What is Nick Reiner charged with?
Nick Reiner was charged with murder in connection with the deaths of his parents. Once more, he is still innocent until proven (or pleaded) guilty.
What is Nick Reiner’s bail?
Nick’s bail was set at $4 million. As of this writing, he’s still being held in police custody.
When is Nick Reiner’s court appearance?
No court appearance or arraignment dates have yet been announced for Nick Reiner.
News
THERE WERE 2 NAMES SHE REFUSED TO SAY OUT LOUD…: Katie Price has opened up about the period Lee Andrews allegedly worked around “dangerous people” — and one late-night detail from that time is now getting attention👇
Katie Price’s husband worked with ‘dangerous people’ before disappearance The Dubai-based businessman has been missing for more than a week. Lee Andrews reportedly boasted about being an international arms dealer (Image: Instagram/Katie Price) Katie Price’s husband Lee Andrews reportedly “boasted” about…
7 STEPS FROM THE CORNER… THEN SHE WAS GONE: 56-year-old Donike Gocaj was walking to work before disappearing into a NYC manhole — and people are now focusing on one chilling detail: the orange safety cone reportedly sitting near the area that morning 👀👇
Woman Who Died After Falling In Uncovered NYC Manhole Identified As 56-Year-Old Grandma A witness who saw Donike Gocaj fall into the hole told WABC-TV she kept screaming, “I’m dying” over and over. Officials in New York City have announced…
SHE WAS JUST GOING TO WORK: Donike Gocaj, 56, was reportedly walking to her cleaning job when she suddenly disappeared into a New York City sewer
SHE WAS JUST GOING TO WORK Donike Gocaj, 56, was reportedly walking to her cleaning job when she suddenly disappeared into a New York City sewer. But what was found on her phone was what really shocked everyone… 👇 Beloved…
47 MINUTES UNDERWATER… Elite technical divers have returned to the Maldives cave system in the mission linked to the deaths of 5 Italian tourists
47 MINUTES UNDERWATER… Elite technical divers have returned to the Maldives cave system in the mission linked to the deaths of 5 Italian tourists — and attention is now shifting to one narrow section of the route crews reportedly spent…
“I SWEAR I’LL HELP BRING THEM BACK…” — A video is spreading online showing the final known moments of a rescue diver who later died during recovery efforts in the Maldives. The experienced diver had joined the mission to retrieve victims from an underwater cave area and was seen calm just before entering the water for the last time. Loved ones now say the footage feels like an unexpected goodbye. Watch below👇
In the crystal-clear turquoise waters of the Maldives, where paradise often masks peril, a rescue mission turned into a double tragedy that has gripped the world. Staff Sergeant Mohamed Mahdhee (also spelled Mahudhee or Mahdi in reports), a dedicated member…
2 SERGEANTS. 1 FAMILY. 1 NIGHT THAT CHANGED EVERYTHING… Ashley Munoz never made it back after the Highway 101 tr@g3dy… and now, what teammates are saying about their final meal together is leaving many emotional
Two sergeants. One family. One ordinary night that turned into a tragedy no one in Greenville can forget. The head-on collision on Highway 101 shortly after 12:45 a.m. on May 15, 2026, claimed five lives and left Sergeant Diana Munoz…
End of content
No more pages to load