Major update in search for missing mother Samantha Murphy who vanished while jogging near Ballarat
A renewed search is underway for missing Victorian mother Samantha Murphy, with new intelligence pointing investigators to Enfield State Park, south of Ballarat.
The 51-year-old was last seen alive when she went for a run on the morning of February 4, 2024 in the Canadian State Forest.
In March, police charged 23-year-old tradesman Patrick Orren Stephenson with Ms Murphy’s murder, but her body has not been found.
A number of extensive searches have taken place including in the Canadian State Forest and Buninyong Bushland Reserve.
The last search focused on the Enfield State Forest, 30km south of Ballarat, at Grenville in September 2024.
The location is approximately a 15-minute drive from Buninyong, where Ms Murphy’s phone was found buried in the mud on the edge of an agricultural dam.
Police have warned the public to stay away during the new search as the area is littered with dangerous mine shafts.
‘Detectives from the Missing Persons Squad are undertaking a targeted search in the Ballarat area as part of the investigation into the disappearance of Samantha Murphy,’ Victoria Police said on Wednesday.

+4
View gallery
A new search is underway by police working on the case of missing mother Samantha Murphy south of Ballarat

+4
View gallery
She vanished while on a morning jog in the Canadian State Forest in February 2024
‘Since February 2024, police have regularly undertaken a range of enquiries and small-scale searches as part of the current investigation.
‘We are not in a position to supply further specific details.’
Ms Murphy’s disappearance led to an outpouring of grief in the Ballarat community and the nation, with an influx of volunteers joining multiple earlier searches.
Detective Inspector Dave Dunstan said earlier this year police had worked tirelessly to find Ms Murphy.
‘While nothing can erase their grief and loss, being able to return Samantha to her family has always been incredibly important to us,’ he said.
‘I want to reaffirm to the community that the Missing Persons Squad remains committed to doing everything we can to locate Samantha … we still believe we can locate her.
‘This year we will continue to conduct searches in the Ballarat area, including searches in areas highlighted by intelligence derived from a number of sources.’
He called on locals using areas of interest to be aware of their surroundings and contact police immediately if they believe they may have come across her remains.

+4
View gallery
Numerous searches have already been carried

+4
View gallery
Her devastated family (pictured with husband Mick) are still no closer to answers
‘There is nothing we want more than to return Samantha to her family and we remain committed to doing this,’ he said.
Stephenson pleaded not guilty to murder in November 2024 when he elected to fast-track his criminal trial.
He is the son of Orren Stephenson, who played 15 AFL games for Geelong and Richmond between 2012 and 2014.
News
THERE WERE 2 NAMES SHE REFUSED TO SAY OUT LOUD…: Katie Price has opened up about the period Lee Andrews allegedly worked around “dangerous people” — and one late-night detail from that time is now getting attention👇
Katie Price’s husband worked with ‘dangerous people’ before disappearance The Dubai-based businessman has been missing for more than a week. Lee Andrews reportedly boasted about being an international arms dealer (Image: Instagram/Katie Price) Katie Price’s husband Lee Andrews reportedly “boasted” about…
7 STEPS FROM THE CORNER… THEN SHE WAS GONE: 56-year-old Donike Gocaj was walking to work before disappearing into a NYC manhole — and people are now focusing on one chilling detail: the orange safety cone reportedly sitting near the area that morning 👀👇
Woman Who Died After Falling In Uncovered NYC Manhole Identified As 56-Year-Old Grandma A witness who saw Donike Gocaj fall into the hole told WABC-TV she kept screaming, “I’m dying” over and over. Officials in New York City have announced…
SHE WAS JUST GOING TO WORK: Donike Gocaj, 56, was reportedly walking to her cleaning job when she suddenly disappeared into a New York City sewer
SHE WAS JUST GOING TO WORK Donike Gocaj, 56, was reportedly walking to her cleaning job when she suddenly disappeared into a New York City sewer. But what was found on her phone was what really shocked everyone… 👇 Beloved…
47 MINUTES UNDERWATER… Elite technical divers have returned to the Maldives cave system in the mission linked to the deaths of 5 Italian tourists
47 MINUTES UNDERWATER… Elite technical divers have returned to the Maldives cave system in the mission linked to the deaths of 5 Italian tourists — and attention is now shifting to one narrow section of the route crews reportedly spent…
“I SWEAR I’LL HELP BRING THEM BACK…” — A video is spreading online showing the final known moments of a rescue diver who later died during recovery efforts in the Maldives. The experienced diver had joined the mission to retrieve victims from an underwater cave area and was seen calm just before entering the water for the last time. Loved ones now say the footage feels like an unexpected goodbye. Watch below👇
In the crystal-clear turquoise waters of the Maldives, where paradise often masks peril, a rescue mission turned into a double tragedy that has gripped the world. Staff Sergeant Mohamed Mahdhee (also spelled Mahudhee or Mahdi in reports), a dedicated member…
2 SERGEANTS. 1 FAMILY. 1 NIGHT THAT CHANGED EVERYTHING… Ashley Munoz never made it back after the Highway 101 tr@g3dy… and now, what teammates are saying about their final meal together is leaving many emotional
Two sergeants. One family. One ordinary night that turned into a tragedy no one in Greenville can forget. The head-on collision on Highway 101 shortly after 12:45 a.m. on May 15, 2026, claimed five lives and left Sergeant Diana Munoz…
End of content
No more pages to load