Travis Turner disappearance deepens as new wanted poster drops with $5000 reward and major updates in the Virginia manhunt
Travis Turner disappearance deepens as new wanted poster drops with $5000 reward and major updates in the Virginia manhunt
Investigators are still looking for Travis Turner, a 46-year-old high school football coach from Virginia. He has been missing since November 20. Police say he is wanted on child pornography charges and using a computer to talk to a minor. The U.S. Marshals have now shared a new wanted poster. This poster says Turner may be armed, and it also shares a reward of up to $5,000 for any tip that helps find him.
Police say Turner left his home in Appalachia, Virginia, and walked into the woods. They say he knows the area well. When officers were on their way to speak with him about the case, they found out he had already disappeared. They also say they were not going there to arrest him that day. Turner was last seen wearing a gray sweatshirt, sweatpants, and glasses.
Search teams used dogs and drones to look through the hills. The area is large and tough to search. But even after days of looking, they could not find him. Police say anyone who sees him should not go near him, because they think he might have a gun. People should call 911, the Virginia State Police, or the U.S. Marshals tip line right away.
What Travis Turner’s wife Leslie Turner says and how the Union High School Bears are moving forward
Travis Turner coached the Union High School Bears. The team was having a strong season and was still undefeated when he went missing. His wife, Leslie Turner, says he is a good man and a good father. She told The Mail that she believes he is innocent.
She did not talk about the rumor that he left home with a rifle. Soon after that, she deleted her social media pages, including her Facebook, where she had posted many football updates.
Even with their coach gone, the Bears kept playing. The team beat Ridgeview High School Wolfpack by 21–14 last Saturday. Now they will play Glenvar on December 6 in the state semifinals. If they win that game, they will move to the state championship.
Police say the new wanted poster has the most updated details on the charges. It also repeats that Turner should be considered dangerous. Anyone with information is urged to call the numbers listed, even if the tip seems small.

WISE COUNTY, Va. (WCYB) — An attorney for the family of fugitive Union High School head football coach Travis Turner has released a statement saying Turner left home with a firearm last Thursday.
According to Adrian Collins, who released the statement on behalf of the Turner family, Turner’s last contact with family was on Thursday, Nov. 20, after he left his residence to walk in the woods with a firearm. The statement goes on to say Turner entered a heavily wooded and mountainous area.
Collins said once Turner did not return home that evening, Turner’s wife contacted law enforcement and was advised that a missing persons report could not be taken until 24 hours had passed. On Friday, Nov. 21, a missing persons report was filed, according to Collins, and the family has cooperated fully with law enforcement in their ongoing search efforts.
Collins adds that family members have also conducted search efforts in the wooded area, but those efforts have been limited by weather conditions and respect for the official operations underway.
She said that the family is praying that Turner is safe and will have the opportunity to defend himself in a court of law.
Turner has been charged with five counts of possession of child pornography and five counts of using a computer to solicit a minor.
Statement from Adrian Collins, Attorney at Law:
On Behalf of the Family of Coach Travis Turner
On behalf of the family of Travis Turner, I wish to express their sincere gratitude to all who have shown concern during this difficult time.
The last known contact the family had with Travis occurred on or about Thursday, November 20, after he left his residence to walk in the woods with a firearm. He is believed to have entered a heavily wooded and mountainous area. At which point, no warrants had been issued for his arrest.
When Travis did not return home that evening, his wife promptly notified local law enforcement. She was advised that a missing-person report could not be taken until at least 24 hours had passed. The following day, she filed a missing-person report with the Virginia State Police. The family has cooperated fully with law-enforcement in their ongoing efforts to locate Travis.
Family members and friends have also conducted search efforts in the surrounding woods. These efforts have been limited by weather conditions and with respect for the official operations underway.
It is the family’s prayer that Travis is safe and will have the opportunity to defend himself in a court of law.
News
THERE WERE 6 WORDS INSIDE THE FINAL CARD LEFT ON THE TABLE… People close to Kyle Busch’s family are now discussing one personal item reportedly discovered later that night — and fans say the specific message inside is becoming difficult to stop thinking about 👇
The racing community is currently processing the incredibly sudden and heartbreaking news of two-time NASCAR Cup Series champion Kyle Busch passing away at the young age of forty-one. In the immediate aftermath of this shocking tragedy, the internet has become…
If there’s a next life, I want to be your father: Kyle Busch’s 11-year-old son delivered a touching three-word tribute to his father… but it brought his wife to tears in the hospital while NASCAR revealed his iconic gesture on his legendary number 8 car and the truth about the cause of death was revealed
Kyle Busch’s son, 11, pays heartbreaking tribute to his dad… as NASCAR reveals symbolic gesture over legend’s iconic No 8 Kyle Busch’s son made a touching gesture to remember his late father following the racing legend’s sudden death this week….
🚨 “OUR HEARTS ARE SHATTERED” 💔 A community is mourning after a week-long search for a missing 14-year-old schoolboy ended in tragedy
🚨 “OUR HEARTS ARE SHATTERED” 💔 A community is mourning after a week-long search for a missing 14-year-old schoolboy ended in tragedy. Authorities confirmed the teenager was found in a wooded area near a local cemetery, leaving residents devastated. We…
THE 911 AUDIO CHANGED EVERYTHING… 🏁😳 New details involving Kyle Busch are spreading online after reports about a frightening medical scare during training — and people are now focusing on one chilling moment heard before the call suddenly changed tone 👇
911 call reveals Kyle Busch was coughing up blood, short of breath day before death The 41-year-old, two-time NASCAR Cup Series champion died Thursday after being hospitalized with a severe illness, his family said. Racing legend Kyle Busch was coughing…
“HE NEVER TAKES HIS HELMET OFF.” 🏁💔😳 Kyle Busch was reportedly found unconscious inside a racing simulator at age 41 — and investigators are now focusing on a chilling detail from the dashboard that shows the final minutes before everything suddenly went silent 👀👇
Kyle Busch was found unresponsive in racing simulator before shocking death at 41 NASCAR star Kyle Busch became unresponsive while testing a racing simulator in Concord, N.C., the day before his death and had to be hospitalized, sources told the Associated…
Kyle Busch’s wife reportedly listened to the same 14-second voicemail message seven times… Those close to the matter say an audio message has become the subject of emotional discussion among fans tonight — because many believe a small, hidden detail near the end changed everything 👇
Those close to the matter say an audio message has become the subject of emotional discussion among fans tonight — because many believe a small, hidden detail near the end changed everything. 👇 In the emotionally charged days following Kyle…
End of content
No more pages to load