SHE COLLAPSED TWICE: The father of the woman at the centre of the Sydney Swans hotel saga has revealed what happened before hotel staff were approached. Her first medical episode reportedly lasted up to 15 minutes — then, just 90 seconds before reaching reception, she collapsed again. But what happened in those missing 90 seconds is the detail that has now turned the whole story on its head…
**Father of alleged victim in Sydney Swans hotel scandal claims daughter suffered medical episode before seeking help**
The father of one of the women at the centre of the Sydney Swans hotel scandal has revealed that his daughter suffered a medical episode in the early hours of Monday and was forced to leave a room at Melbourne’s Pullman East Melbourne hotel to seek help after receiving no assistance.
Speaking exclusively to 7NEWS, the man said his daughter began struggling to breathe during the incident and that a lack of response to her distress triggered the subsequent chain of events that brought police to the hotel. He cannot be identified, nor can his daughter, due to the nature of the allegations under investigation.
“It was a lack of response to a medical episode that triggered the event,” he claimed. “No assistance provided or care given. Subsequently it evolved to what it’s evolved to. I think she was fine and then something triggered it. I don’t know what triggered it.”
Asked about reports that his daughter left the hotel room, the father said “no help was forthcoming” as she suffered what he described as an asthma attack. He was adamant that his daughter was not motivated by money. “No, not in the slightest,” he said.
He added that the events and their aftermath had taken a significant toll. “She’s a strong thing in many ways, but she’s very vulnerable now.” In the immediate aftermath, he recalled, his daughter had spoken with determination about wanting to join the police “so I can get inside this insidious industry.”
**Background to the incident**

Police were called to the Pullman Hotel in East Melbourne in the early hours of Monday after a report of an alleged sexual assault involving members of the Sydney Swans playing group and three women. The women had been hired as topless waitresses or exotic dancers. According to earlier reports, the players introduced themselves as tradies or carpenters, and the women said they provided a discount on their usual fee on that basis.
Five Swans players — Isaac Heeney, Chad Warner, Nick Blakey, Riley Bice and James Jordon — have been stood down by the club for the remainder of the 2026 AFL season for breaching club standards, including staying out late and drinking. The club has repeatedly stressed that those internal sanctions are independent of the Victoria Police investigation. No charges have been laid and the players are assisting with inquiries. 7NEWS has made clear it is not suggesting wrongdoing, only that allegations of sexual misconduct are being investigated.
Victorian sex crime detectives have travelled to Sydney to interview the five players. Earlier reporting indicated detectives were examining claims there were up to nine men in the room over the course of the night. The Sydney Swans issued a statement on Friday rejecting suggestions that any other club representatives were present.
“The Sydney Swans can confirm that all investigations carried out by the club have consistently indicated that the only representatives of the club in the room central to the police investigation were the five players who have been stood down,” the club said. “We have every reason to consider that reports to the contrary are simply false. We are respecting the process with the relevant authorities and will refrain from commenting on police matters. We would also like to take this opportunity to condemn some of the misinformation being reported and are now considering our legal position on those matters.”
**Women fear for their safety**
The crisis deepened on Thursday when one of the women involved told 7NEWS she was now fearing for her life after her identity was exposed online. The woman who took the booking said she and the exotic dancer at the centre of the sexual assault allegations had been identified, leaving them worried about retribution.
“I’m so scared … this is so dangerous for our safety,” she said, according to 7NEWS Sydney’s Chris Reason.
The father of the alleged victim who suffered the medical episode has now provided a new account of the moments before hotel staff were approached. His description places a medical emergency — specifically difficulty breathing consistent with an asthma attack — at the centre of why his daughter left the room and sought external help. He maintains that had assistance been offered inside the room, the situation might never have escalated to the point where police became involved.
**Club and police positions**
The Sydney Swans have maintained that their internal investigation found only the five suspended players present as club representatives. Coach Dean Cox and captain Callum Mills faced media on Friday and declined to discuss details of the night, citing the ongoing police inquiry. Cox acknowledged that “a culture isn’t perfect.”
Police continue their investigation. Detectives are examining the sequence of events inside the hotel room, the nature of any alleged sexual misconduct, and related claims that have circulated in media reports, including suggestions of drug use. The players have denied wrongdoing. Formal interviews and statements form part of the process.
The father’s account adds a previously unreported medical dimension. He has framed the lack of response to his daughter’s breathing difficulties as the trigger that led her to leave the room and approach hotel staff, after which police were called. He has also rejected any suggestion that financial motives are involved.
**Wider impact**
The scandal has dominated AFL headlines this week. The suspension of five senior players has significant on-field implications for the Sydney Swans at a critical stage of the season. Off-field, the episode has raised questions about player behaviour, the responsibilities of clubs when players are away from home, and the treatment of women working in the adult entertainment industry.
One of the women involved has previously spoken about receiving threats and online harassment after her identity was leaked. The father’s latest comments underscore the personal and emotional cost for those closest to the alleged victim. He described his daughter as now vulnerable despite her underlying strength, and noted the shift from her initial resolve to the current toll of the events and their aftermath.
**Ongoing investigation**
Victoria Police’s sex crimes squad remains in contact with the players and the women who provided statements. No arrests or charges have been announced. The club continues to cooperate while insisting its internal findings are clear regarding who was present.
The father’s revelation that a medical episode preceded the approach to hotel staff provides a new chronological detail. According to him, his daughter was struggling to breathe, received no help, and therefore left the room. That sequence, he argued, is what ultimately brought the matter to the attention of hotel staff and then police.

As the investigation proceeds, both the police inquiry and the club’s disciplinary process will continue on separate tracks. The players remain stood down for the rest of the season. The women involved continue to deal with the personal consequences, including public identification and associated fears for their safety.
The father of the alleged victim has chosen to speak publicly about the medical episode in an effort to clarify what he says occurred in the critical moments before help was sought outside the room. His account stands as one more piece of information in a complex and still-developing matter that has drawn intense scrutiny across Australian sport and beyond.
Support services remain available for anyone affected. Those who need help can contact 1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732), Sexual Assault Counselling Australia on 1800 211 028, or Lifeline on 13 11 14.